February 27, 2009

Chocolate-Fu

Do you like thought provoking plots and in-depth character development? If you said "yes," then this movie is just not for you. If you on the other hand like Martial Arts movies with bone crunching kicks, knees and elbows all done without wires, then rent or buy CHOCOLATE as soon as possible.



Chocolate, brought to you by the Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior Director, Prachya Pinkaew, is about an autistic young girl, Zen, who's special gift is to be able to mimic moves she has seen in Kung-Fu movies and from the Kickboxing school outside her window. The story serves the purpose of giving Zen the excuse to start kicking ass and not much else. And that's fine with me because the fight scenes are just amazing. I found myself giggling with glee as Zen just brutally destroys people.
The final 20 minutes or so are easily the most fun I've had watching a Martial Arts movie in ages. If you enjoy this type of movie like I do, don't miss this one.

No comments: