June 1, 2009

MONSTERPALOOZA '09

Finished a couple of weeks of sculpting on sets to be used on Michael Jackson's upcoming London concert tour. No, I did not see Michael and no, I cannot tell you what we built.
So, moving on....

This weekend, Akiko and I attended MONSTERPALOOZA. On display were some amazing sculptures of monster masks, heads and figures. Great stuff. Got to see Margot Kidder and a few icons of the genre.


Here I am with none other than Dr. Satan himself, Walter Phelan.


I've been caring around this photo of a tombstone I carved for Rob Zombie's House Of 1,000 Corpses and it finally paid off. Several years ago at a Comic-Con, I had gotten the signature of Bill Moseley (Otis) and this weekend got both Sid Haig (Captain Spalding) and Walter Phelan (Dr. Satan.)

Couple of shots from the Monster Museum.


No comments: