August 21, 2010

August Update

At least it's a dry heat... Been a very hot couple of weeks here in LA.
Work wise, finished 2 months of sculpting on a full size set for Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides and then got to move down in scale to carve a model for a film code-named "Darlings."

And now I'm enjoying a few weeks off. Getting in some good Disc Golf practice, catching up on my stack of comic books and movies and diving into the PS3.
One highlight was Akiko and I seeing The Spectacular Art of Jean-Léon Gérôme at the Getty. Unbelievable craftsmanship, his oil painting glow with life, gorgeous work. Gifted sculptor as well.

Plus it seems as though I have found a niche for my scratching pen and ink style in the Disc Golf world. 2 of the latest:


The date has since changed to Oct 16-17 and unfortunately appears they are not stamping this image on disc. Live and learn as they say.


This one for a group that plays the El Dorado course.

No comments: