April 26, 2008

I got LOST again!

After barely getting settled from our Scotland trip, I got a call on Friday from pal, Jim who needed help sculpting some sets for the season finale of LOST TV show. The following Monday I was flying out to Oahu with work tools in hand. From there I worked 8 straight days with nutty deadlines and wacky hours. As you can imagine, I can't say a word about what we worked on so don't expect any plot clues here.
I will say this though, if you are a LOST fan, DO NOT miss the final 2 episodes of this season.
Unlike last year when I worked on the show, this year I got to spot many of the cast members, met a few of them including Terry O'Quinn (Locke) and got to talk to Michael Emerson (Ben) for several minutes. Very nice guy. As a huge fan of the show, this was a great experience.

Can't show pics of what I sculpted, but here are some shots of the always entertaining crew I worked with.


Frankie, me, Scratch and Jim.


Marcus, Kimo and Walter.

Also got a "packing day" and was able to check out the island.


Nuuanu Pali.


Beach by Chinaman's Hat.


Turtle Bay.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Huge LOST fan here! This is quite fascinating. I love learning about behind the scenes things. Of course, I won't ask! ;)

Did you happen to get your pic with Terry and/or Michael?

Duncan Crawford said...

I'm still kicking myself for not being a total fanboy and getting a picture with Ben and Locke.

Kat said...

Oh! You totally should have. I was very fortunate to meet Terry in NYC in Feb. Maybe you will next season!

I was looking through your blog and saw that you sculpted the structure used to tie up Anthony Cooper. And you worked on POTC and Indina Jones. I'm huge fans of both of those, as well.